TravelPortland.com has a great Portland Perks Deal right now. Book a two-night stay (or longer) at a participating hotel and you’ll also receive $50 cash at check-in (book by April 25, 2010; travel by May 9, 2010.)
Highlights for Kids Include:
* Saturday Portland Farmers Market: Opens for the season March 20, 2010
* Washington Park: A 10-minute ride from downtown by MAX Light Rail (Washington Park stop) or the No. 63 bus (or a five-minute drive in your own car). The park offers three top-rated children's destinations - the Zoo, Children's Museum and Forestry Center are all conveniently clustered together.
* Oregon Zoo: Admission $9.75; $6.75 ages 3 through 11; 503-226-1561). Study up before you go at their KidZone.
* Portland Children's Museum: Open Monday through Saturday 9 to 5; Sunday 11 to 5 p.m.; admission $7)
* World Forestry Center: Admission $7, $5 ages 3 to 18). The center has a waterless raft ride and a forest canopy ride ($4 extra) in which children (over 42 inches tall) are snapped into a harness and hoisted 60 feet into the treetops. The International Rose Test Garden has fountains, sculptures, paths and stairs for a fun day of exploration (503-228-1367)
Don't want to drive? Check Amtrak Cascades for ticket deals. Kids 2 through 15 years old ride half-price every day. Infants under 2 ride free.
Also, be sure to check out DeliciousBaby and AlphaMom for tips on experiencing Portland with kids!